Nine

Nine is such a great number, isn’t it?  For example, there are nine innings in a baseball game (about five too many some would argue).  There are nine Supreme Court Justices.  In just nine short months of pregnancy you have a completely new human being.   You can even turn the number nine upside down and it becomes a completely different number.  How many other numbers can do that?

But most importantly – as of this week, nine is the number of months that our sweet Henry has been with us.

Truly boggles the mind, doesn’t it?

To go from this:

to this:

in just 274 days or… you guessed it… nine months.

To honor the occasion, we had another one of our now infamous photoshoots.

We headed to a local park to take advantage of the beautiful weather and the gorgeous fall colors.  Henry was a doll and I got lots of great shots to show once again how big our boy has gotten.

But since photos can’t tell the whole story, I figured I’d mention a few things that our nine-month old is now doing.

• Crawling.  He’s been crawling for a while, this is true.  But we’ve now entered the entirely new world of Speed Crawling.  Who knew that elbows and knees could be so fast?
  • Talking.  Well, talking maybe stretching it a bit, but he’s definitely trying.  There are a lot of “ba-ba-ba-ba” conversations going on and he even has said “ma-ma-ma-ma” a time or two which I think totally counts.
  • Biting.  Instead of getting better, the biting “issue” has gotten worse.  Perhaps it’s because he now has enough teeth to eat a steak?  Whatever it is, it hurts.  I think that one day I’ll remind him how he used to bite me and then chuckle with glee so that I can win some sympathy from him or at the very least some appreciation.
  • Standing.  Just two days ago the CPA and I happened to be in the nursery and we caught this, Henry’s first attempt to get out of his crib.  Needless to say, his crib has since been moved to lowest rung possible.

• Hair growth.  Sounds funny to say, but it seems like overnight our little guy has actually grown hair.  Granted its natural part often looks like a bad combover, but somehow it’s cute on him.
  • Sweetness. This hasn’t changed.  Henry is still as sweet as the day I first met him.  His smiles can melt anyone’s heart and he is very even-tempered and easy to please and laugh.  Oh that laughter – it gets me every time.

That’s a lot of stuff going on for a nine-month old, don’t you think?   He handles it well though and he’s a great little boy.  What can I say, the number nine suits him.

It is, after all, a great number.

Heather (Heather's Dish) - November 9, 2010 - 9:59 pm

seriously, what an incredible little boy you have :)
.-= Heather (Heather’s Dish)´s last blog ..Kauai- Day 2 – Bubba’s =-.

Kristina P. - November 9, 2010 - 10:02 pm

He just keeps getting cuter!
.-= Kristina P.´s last blog ..Its a European Shoulder Bag =-.

angela - November 10, 2010 - 6:49 am

awww.. i cannot believe he is nine months old! he is such a cutie, and you and the CPA look to be having lots of great times with henry! :)

Cristina - November 10, 2010 - 7:00 am

AWWW how sweet! You found such great looking clothes for a boy! Where do you shop mainly for him? I have a great friend that’s having a boy soon and want to get her a couple of things.

I love seeing how much they change every single month!
.-= Cristina´s last blog ..Our First Family Vacation =-.

admin - November 10, 2010 - 7:04 am

thanks! I agree, it’s so much fun to see how they change in just a few months!

Cristina – Old Navy hands down! Their clothes are cute and durable especially considering how quickly he goes through them. I love the GAP clothes but they’re a bit too pricey unless I can find them on sale. For special things like great hats (which are super hard to find, btw) I’ll pay a little extra and get them there or Gymboree or Children’s Place. But Old Navy is my standard for every day clothes. You can get great coupons especially if you use their credit card so I’m always buying stuff on sale. :)

Nicole - November 10, 2010 - 9:02 am

Time goes by too fast with kids! Our whole family loves the new pictures….my boys think Henry looks much older than his 9 months!
.-= Nicole´s last blog ..THE SCHOOL FALL FESTIVAL =-.

Mariya - November 10, 2010 - 9:29 am

Oh my gosh, so many teeth!!! At 8 months, Annabelle still doesn’t have any.

Mom of 5 - November 10, 2010 - 10:40 am

9 definitely suits him and the two of you….so many new milestones and he’s being successful with them all!!! Just what I’d expect from such a darling grandson and so smart…just waiting now for the da-da-da, along with the CPA I’m sure. Super great photos of both of you!!!

SJ - November 10, 2010 - 11:28 am

He is such a cutie and so well-dressed!
.-= SJ´s last blog ..The night that… =-.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor - November 10, 2010 - 12:02 pm

Goodness he’s gotten big – and oh, so photogenic!
.-= Mindee@ourfrontdoor´s last blog ..Blank =-.

Heidi - November 10, 2010 - 1:13 pm

I love your photo collages. Are you doing them in Photoshop?

He’s a dapper-looking kid in his Old Navy duds!
.-= Heidi´s last blog ..Flight 101010 =-.

The Wife of Odie - November 10, 2010 - 6:21 pm

oh how i love love love this little boy! can’t wait to get my hands on him!

Lorelie - December 7, 2010 - 2:32 pm

I love the number nine and I really enjoyed reading this post!