As most of the free world knows, the newest (and final) movie in the Harry Potter (HP) series has hit theaters. So exciting! But not everyone has jumped on the Hogwarts train. In fact, I’m willing to bet there are some of you who couldn’t care less about the magical world of Harry Potter. Some of you may not even be (gasp) true Harry Potter Fans!
(picture courtesy of Wikipedia)
So how do you know if you are a true HP fan? Well, I’ve devised a little test to help you out. Don’t worry, it’ll be easy. Just answer the following questions and tally your points when you’re finished.
1.) You have read all seven HP books. 5 Points
2.) You currently own all seven of those books in their hardback form. 10 Points
3.) At least one of those copies is signed by the author. 15 Bonus Points
4.) You have seen all eight HP movies in the theater immediately upon their release. 5 Points
5.) You have camped out all night to get tickets to one of the early screenings and you don’t even have children to use as an excuse. 10 Points
6.) You saw at least one of those movies in the theater during a visit to Oxford, England (where part of the movie was filmed) while on your honeymoon. 15 Bonus Points (and my great respect, btw)
7.) When you found out that a new HP movie was coming out, you re-read all of the books just because. 5 Points
8.) Your husband offered to babysit for a couple of hours and you used that time to go see the last HP movie. And you stayed through the whole thing even though the air conditioner in the movie theater was out. And it was 100 degrees outside. 50 Points
That’s the end of the test. Now use the scale below to see if you are a true Harry Potter fan:
- 95-105 points – You are a true, bonafide Harry Potter Fan. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if you own a red and yellow striped scarf and have named your dog Hedwig.
- 94-80 points - You are definitely a Harry Potter fan. You have read all the books and seen all the movies but stop short of using a British accent every time you say the name “Harry Potter.” (don’t tell me you’ve never done that.)
- 79-60 points – While a Harry Potter fan at heart, your actions don’t always give away your true feelings. You enjoy the stories when you have time to read them and you may have seen the movies on video, but you are not likely to own the HP action figures or matching HP lunch box.
- 59-40 points – A closeted HP fan, you have been impressed with the movies and the books but feel no need to announce these feelings to the world (or to close friends) for fear of being teased.
- 39 points and below – You are one of the few who have either not heard of Harry Potter and don’t know what a Hermoine is, or you are so tired of hearing about records set by the franchise and how much money J.K. Rowling is making, that you completely refuse to read, hear, or watch anything HP related.
(picture of JK Rowling courtesy of Wikipedia)
Well, there you have it, a test to see if you are a true Harry Potter Fan. How did you do?
oh – and in case you’re wondering, I’m “definitely a Harry Potter Fan” myself. Although I do say “Harry Potter” with an English accent every chance I get. I can’t help it, it just doesn’t sound right otherwise.